- been working 18-20 crazy-busy hours a week at my Human Rights Watch internship which is awesome and amazing and everything I would ever have wanted from the internship experience. They are so great to work with and the organization is exactly the kind of place I would love to be when I am done with school.
- Read Norwegian Wood
- Read The Book Thief
- Read Coconut Unlimited
- Read half of Frankenstein (the second half for this weekend).
- Joined two book clubs - hence all the reading - to meet some new people in the city.
- Went on a day long walking tour with Cam to show him the sights of London
- Cycled at least 260 miles, but probably closer to 275 - that's just in commuting during the week, not including the weekends of wandering and meeting up with friends (I haven't added that up before but holy crap! That is a lot of miles!!!!)
- Completed three days of The Greatest Contest in the History of the World. The first two days were strong but yesterday was rough. Today has turned that around though and I am back on track to win this thing!!!!!
- OHHH and school!!! I am also a grad student taking two classes and working on papers and thesis ideas and presentations etc.
- Eight hours of class a week (I know, I have that part super easy)
- An all day workshop for our development class on one of the sunniest saturdays in a long time. I did enjoy it though. Very informative and interesting.
- The remainder of this week will consist of...
- writing a 3000 word paper for International Law
- Finishing Frankenstein - READ THIS BOOK if you haven't already. It's unbelievable!!! And the story behind it's creation is as interesting as its story of creation (see what I did there? I blew your mind!)
- Kicking ass at The Greatest Contest in the History of the World!!!
- AND somehow have managed to have somewhat of a social life, including:
- a kick-ass picnic in the park with Aby
- breakfast in the park with Tom
- a meatloaf dinner with both of them
- a day of reading in the sun at Golder's Hill Park - ok ok, I might have taken breaks here and there to check out the hot guys reading books near me but I didn't get any photos, or find a way to chat with them unfortunately (side note: what if there was a barefoot, hot guy reading a book while wearing a nerd fitness shirt, with his sexy bike parked next to him, and maybe a little scruff going on?! That would be possibly the hottest thing ever :)
- basically a lot of park action because it has been GORGEOUS weather!!!
- dinner at Wahaca and a Doug Stanhope show with Cathy and Doug. Mmmmmm Wahaca.......soooooooo tasty. And Doug Stanhope is quite hilarious.
- a wander through the Evolving English exhibit on its last day at the British Library
- official confirmation that TWO of my favorite people in the world will be here for almost the ENTIRE month of JULY!!!! BIG NEWS FOLKS!!!!
- deciding to let London Noelle out of the bag officially. She's gotten kind of bossy about things lately so yeah the results being: hair is down and curly, dresses are out and confidence is be faked until maked lol
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Crazy Busy Defined
Ok, I've been awful about writing. I have a whole notebook of things to tell you about but just never get time. As a catchup (and attempt at sympathy from my devoted readers who have had to go without for a long long time) I will tell you that in the last four weeks I have: